Friday, July 07, 2006

A crazy English summer

I know some of you wonder how on earth we've stayed in London for so long. It's been more than three years now. But it's time I let you in on a little secret ... summer lasts for about two weeks here, but when it does arrive it's great. I gotta say, when the sun is out and the sky is blue, my walk to work is not too shabby. I took these photographs on the way home today - July 7. One year on, we took to the streets once again to remember the victims of the London bombings. It's only the second time I have heard birds chirping in central London - no cars, no buses, just quiet while people remember. Gives you goosebumps.

Tate Modern
The view down the Thames from the millenium bridge

Crossing the millenium bridge to St Pauls

Aah, more blue sky Wandering along the south bank

No comments: