Monday, October 08, 2007

Five things we've already learnt about the Russkys

  1. Public drinking is not just legal, it's compulsory regardless of age. No need to head to the local boozer. Your nearest park or metro station will do.
  2. All that glitters is gold. This is the motto of the new Russkys, dressed to impress at all times (even when walking the dog) in gold, silver, sequins, and killer stiletto knee high boots.
  3. Thou shalt always carry your wife/girlfriend's handbag. Either that or Russky males also like to add a bit of bling to their winter wardrobe.
  4. Thou shalt always greet wife/girlfriend with bouquet of roses or leaves that you have picked up from the gutter. I am waiting, but somehow I don't think Carlosky is going to oblige.
  5. Serving customers is serious business. Do not smile and do not speak.

Our first night in St Petersburg (and the only evidence I have left of my new beanie, lost forever at the Hermitage)

No comments: